MCA Funeral Home
1755 Catherine Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050
email : firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone : (408) 727-7277 Extension 119 | Home Phone : (408) 709-4586
FAX(408) 709 4052
License # FD2206
Expectations from Parents
- Drop off and pick up your child on time (for onsite program)
- Ensure at home class environment during the school hour (for online program)
- Check your child’s progress folder daily (and sign it).
- Check your child’s yearly plan and encourage him/her to achieve the yearly goal (without unnecessary pressure).
- Ensure your child does his/her homework regularly.
- Communicate with the school as needed (email preferred).
- Ensure your child respects the dress code.
- Obtaining death certificate and burial permit
- Arrangements for storing body
- Transportation to burial ground
- Acquiring burial plot
- Just one phone call is needed to initiate this process.
Family members of the dying person and their pious friends should be present at their side to help turn his/her final thoughts to Allah, reminding him/her of all the good deeds they did, reminding about Allah’s mercy His favors. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: “Let no Muslim die except expecting and hoping the best from Allah” (Muslim).
Family members and friends can advise the dying person very gently (encouragement without insistence) to say the shahada: “La Illaha illallah”, which means there is no God but Allah, in a very kind and sincere manner as these may be their last words. Abu Saeed Al-Khudri reported that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: “Help Muslims who are dying to say “La Illaha illallah” (Muslim).
Family members should make dua (supplication) to Allah to help make the final moments easy, and to forgive them.
- Arrange transportation of the body
- Wash the body according to Islamic rites
- Provide shrouding (kafan) and a casket
- Arrange congregational funeral prayer
All four services above are provided at Masjid An-Noor located at 1755 Catherine St, Santa Clara
Burial can be arranged at Five Pillars Farm, an Islamic Cemetery in Livermore, CA, or at any cemetery in the Bay Area.
Immediately after death has been verified, close the eyes of the deceased; the mouth and jaws are tied gently with broad bands or pieces of cloth so that they do not remain wide open; the legs should be similarly tied. The body should be covered and must remain covered, preferably with a white sheet of cloth.
Invoke Allah and say: “Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un” (To Allah we belong and to Him is we return).
Crying with no wailing is permitted. The Prophet (pbuh) wept on the death of his son, Ibrahim and said: “The eyes shed tears and the heart feels pain, but we utter only what pleases our Lord. O Ibrahim! We are aggrieved at your demise.” Contact MCA funeral Coordinator for funeral arrangements without delay; Relatives and friends should be notified. The body must not be kept waiting unnecessarily.
Friends are to prepare food for the bereaved family for three days. When you contact MCA please have the following information available:
If the dying person has any preferences for people who will carry out the Ghusl (washing) and Kafan (burial cloth). If none, then the next of male kin (for males deceased) and next of female kin (for female deceased) should be available to perform the Ghusl.
When you contact MCA Funeral Coordinator, please provide the following information pertaining to the deceased in order to facilitate the process of obtaining the death certificate and other requisite paperwork:
- Social Security Number
- California Driver’s License #
- Employment Status
- Phone Number
If death occurs over a weekend, contact the doctor or hospital to determine if the hospital can store the body over the weekend. Please note that a death certificate must be obtained from the County office prior to burial. Most County offices are open only during weekdays and for a few hours on Saturday. Furthermore, the cemetery does not typically dig graves and allow burials on Sundays. As such, in the event of death on Saturday, the burial may have to wait until Monday afternoon.
It can take up to 24 hours to complete all arrangements (obtain death certificate, dig the grave, arrange transportation, burial). Burial can be completed on the same day if death occurs prior to 8 AM. If death occurs after 8 AM, burial is typically set for the next day.
Typically, the Janaza prayer is performed right after the Dhuhr prayer (12:35 PM in winter months or 1:30 PM during daylight savings time). The Ghusl is typically performed right before the Janaza prayer (around 11 AM or 12 Noon).
- $1,850 (Payable to MCA via check or cashier check) includes the following:
- Paperwork for filing for death certificate, obtaining disposition permit and transferring of body to MCA funeral facility at Masjid Al-Noor
- Disposition permit Santa Clara County (+ $12)
- Ghusl(Washing), Kafan(Shrouding), Cardboard Casket, and transporting body to cemetery ($1,250)
- An additional $250 may be charged by MCA if paperwork is processed on a Saturday or a holiday.
- Death Certificate payable to the respective county and fees varies per county.
- $1,800 – Grave Plot at Five Pillars Cemetery, Livermore. (payable to MCA or Five Pillars Farm Cemetery)
- $3,100 – Burial expenses – includes concrete liner, headstone and border installation and grave digging and closing.(payable to Five Pillars Farm Cemetery).
- Please note Five Pillars Cemetery charges an additional $500 for Saturday or Holiday burials.
$6,750 Estimated Total Cost
- MCA Funeral Home Documents
- MCA Funeral Home – deceased information
- Funeral Contract
- Disclaimer and notice to customers
- Declaration for Disposition of Cremated Remains
- Funeral Establishment Warning Placard
- Authorization to Accept or Decline Embalming
- Disclosure of Preneed Agreement
- Funeral Service paperwork
- Info about Funeral Services at MCA
- Preparations about the deceased and Janazah Prayers
- Dua in Funerals
- Last Will – English
- Important information regarding certified death certificates
- Consumer Guide
- Checklist of things to be done at the time of death
- Blank Certificate of Death
- Funeral Services General Information
- Application for Death related purchases (Funeral Home ONLY)