Job title: MCA Bookstore Customer Experience Manager, Part-Time
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Dedicated to inspiring a love of seeking beneficial knowledge and creating inspiring experiences, the MCA Bookstore is looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life. We offer an exciting and flexible opportunity or people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
MCA is looking for a part-time customer experience manager, starting at 10 hrs a week, and increasing as budget permits. The bookstore manager will report to the MCA Social Business Committee Chair. The bookstore is a program within the MCA nonprofit corporation, but operates as a self-sustaining initiative.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and knowledge
- We are a shop for books and gifts at one of the Bay Area’s most frequented community centers
- Offering books and gifts that inspire Muslims drive us and are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to support community member’s search for knowledge and adherence to a way of life as Muslims
- Our job is to create inspiring moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the community in which we operate
You support the leadership team to cultivate an environment that promotes authentic best-in-class employee and customer experiences and are guided by our culture and our mission of supporting the search for knowledge and inspiration. Your role as a Customer Experience Manager is one of collaboration, innovation, inspiration, support, and coaching and in doing so; you help to sustain a high performing culture. You consistently role model the MCA Bookstore’s mission and are a leader that sets examples for your team to follow. You share your passion for all things electronic with your team and customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support and empower a team of Customer Experience Representatives to make decisions, creating a highly engaged and high performing team.
- Recruit and develop a high-performing team that is accountable for creating a best-in-class employee experience
- Develop internal talent; building a bench for future store needs.
- Unlock full potential of employees by providing consistent feedback
- Own self-development and provides continuous feedback to employees and senior leadership.
- Represent the MCA Bookstore as a brand ambassador, bringing to life MCA Bookstore’s mission to support the quest for knowledge and inspiration
- Promote a Story Telling culture fulfilling our goal to enrich the lives of our customers
- Cultivate an environment of trust where the opinions, voices, and well-being of employees are valued, enabling people to bring their best selves to work
- Inspire a customer-centric culture in stores bringing to life our mission
- Foster an environment where everyone knows their health and safety is a top priority and where everyone actively participates in ensuring the health and safety of each other and our customers
- Respond to customer feedback in a timely manner ensuring that the customer remains a top priority
- Align with leadership on goals and objectives for fiscal year
- Ensures teams drive best-in-class employee engagement and net promoter scores
- Consistently meet and exceed sales plans
- Support leadership in effectively managing budgets and cost centres, driving positive store profitability
- Actively engages in community-based marketing and events to grow sales and strengthen community ties
- Launch and evaluate new programs and initiatives that impact business performance
- Responsible for meeting expense budgets including service stock, office supplies
- Oversee scheduling requests and weekly schedule revisions and ensures all schedules are fully optimized to drive sales and productivity
A specific sub-set of duties will include Managing the bookstore’s 2023 re-launch, including
- Creating and implementing an annual business strategy
- Rebranding bookstore to include a resource center component
- Updating the interior design of the bookstore
- Upgrading the accounting, inventory, and point of sales systems utilizing quickbooks or equivalent latest technology
WHO YOU ARE
- 2 + year of management or leadership experience with demonstrable skills and success in leading and developing others
- Experience in retail or the services sector
- Proven track record of achieving sales and performance targets
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift medium to large items, up to 40 pounds, while using appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- The bookstore will be kept open at consistent hours, with additional hours to accommodate increased attendance at MCA, including:
- Ramadan, particularly the last ten days and nights of Ramadan
- Special events
- The manager may set their own hours and work remotely periodically, provided the bookstore is open to accommodate the community’s attendance patterns as outlined above and the manger is present to adequately guide the customer service experience and customers.
Salary can be negotiated based on experience. Health, vision and dental coverage and well as 401k is included with the position if it is expanded to full time in the future.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com