MCA has grown several folds in terms of its community strength and size in the last 30 years. Our main MCA building is approximately 90,000 sq. ft. in size including the lobby expansion that was opened to public in August 2011. In May 2013, MCA has purchased 33,000 sq. ft. next door facility (3033 Scott Blvd). Alhamdollah due to the campus expansion, MCA became the largest Islamic Center in the United States. We have over 3,000 people attending Jumaa prayers on Fridays. Our Granada Islamic School provides one of the best schooling alternatives to our community members who wish to offer quality education to their children in an Islamic environment.
In addition to being open for prayers five times a day, MCA provides Educational programs (dawah), outreach services,social services, Weekend Islamic School (WIS) programs, Islamic Counseling and Education (ICE), Youth and Women’s services, Reknowned visiting scholars, etc. All of this has been possible primarily due to the Will and Blessings of Allah (SWT) and due to the very generous support of our community members and tireless efforts of many dedicated volunteers over the past few decades.
- The goodness and the love of God manifested in all creation.
- The dignity of the person called to wholeness by God.
- The spiritual power of community committed to prayer and service.
- To live and share our faith with all God’s people.
- To teach Islamic beliefs and values in the context of deepening spirituality and community involvement.
- To inspire leaders for stewardship in community service.
- To make our Mosques vital centers for worship and community needs.
- To empower the community to lead an Islamic way of life.
- Congregational prayers and services for over 2000 people.
- Educational programs for both adult and school age children, for women and men.
- Youth activities and enrichment.
- The center provides financial assistance to needy families.
- Subsidized schooling for needy children.
- Islamic counseling.
- Free legal clinic for all.
1984, purchased Mosque on Catherine Street.
1993, purchased building on Scott Blvd and established the Muslim Community Association center.
2013, purchased MCA 2.0 building (3033 Scott Blvd)
MCA owns and operates two buildings: the Muslim Community Association Islamic Center (includes a mosque) on 3003 Scott Blvd and Masjid An-Noor (another mosque) on 1755 Catherine Street, both are in Santa Clara. MCA also operates three educational service institutions: Granada Islamic School (K-8), Weekend (Sunday) Islamic School, and Al Arqam School.