Job Title: Programs and Events Manager 01/20/2023
Title: Programs and Events Manager
Reports to: MCA Dawah Committee Secretary
Schedule Type: Part-time or Full Time (20+ hours/week) with frequent evenings and weekends required.
Location: Mostly in-person, most-frequently on site at MCA and occasionally Masjid Al Noor.
The Programs & Events Manager will be a self-motivated professional with responsibility for planning, managing, and executing MCA’s core community and educational events/programming/classes. The successful candidate will be a person committed to community building and event/program coordination in line with the mission and core values of MCA. This position is located in Santa Clara, CA.
With MCA being a leading national Islamic center that organizes a large number of conferences, and events throughout the year, we are looking for a highly skilled event consultant who can help make these gatherings consistently efficient, cost-effective, and memorable. Building a solid framework and system for the MCA volunteers to use for future events is also a key objective. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate and plan events/programs/classes with MCA volunteers, manage communications with attendees, speakers, and MCA staff and management. Above all, the Program and Events Manager must be comfortable in a leadership role that demands a creative, business-driven mindset and lasting relationships with all stakeholders.
With the exception of the Friday congregations, major programming at MCA occurs in the evenings and weekends with smaller classes and programs throughout the week. This is a part-time position, requiring flexible hours, four days a week that includes weekends and nights.
Responsible for smooth execution of all MCA sponsored events to highest professional standards.. Overseeing events would require, but will not be limited to, effective planning and coordination, logistics, appropriate setup and teardown, cleanups, seamless operation of audio/visual equipment. The manager will be required to cross-collaborate with other MCA Dawah Volunteers, MCA departments, committees, facilities, and individuals to ensure programs are properly designed and run effectively. Skillful organization and communication is crucial to the success of the role.
Maintain and publish a master-calendar for the MCA Dawah Committee use of various sections of the facility, which include MCA seminars, conferences and events. The master-calendar shall include use of classrooms, conference room, banquet and prayer halls or other space for MCA sponsored events or space rented to other individuals or entities.
Objectives of this role
- Oversee the planning and execution of at least 10-15 Dawah events of varying sizes monthly
- Uphold MCA’s mission and guidelines with every event
- Keep budgets and timelines under control at all time
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a complete understanding of the requirements for every event
- Book venues, schedule guests, draft and finalize contracts, and lock down day-of logistics
- Develop content for event materials and work with graphic designer to produce
- Cross-collaboration with other committees, including communication and coordination
- Secure personnel as needed across all event functions (ex: registration, setup, catering, AV)
- Plan and resource the program calendar for weekly, monthly, and quarterly classes, events, and workshops
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Reach out and build a professional working relationships with speakers
- Create and implement an event execution plan
- Facilitate and execute all MCA Dawah events/programs, or properly staff in absence
- Work with graphics designers to design appropriate marketing materials and flyers
- Ensure programs are properly marketed and advertised to community via various communication channels
- Manage a volunteer program to recruit and train MCA Dawah volunteers teams.
- Collaborate with MCA committees and content providers to support creation of meaningful and relevant programming
- Work with volunteer teams and committees to facilitate MCA initiatives and ensure that all programs and events are well planned, publicized, and executed
- Use qualitative and quantitative evaluations to regularly assess quality and relevance MCA programming
- Maintain knowledge about the larger Bay Area Muslim community (and their respective offerings) to help inform programming
- Strengthen community relations by connecting with attendees of our programs, communicating our community culture, and assessing ongoing needs
- Maintain MCA standards of facilities and experience for program attendees
- Keep track of event finances including, check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Attend various Dawah Committee meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to be onsite for programs/classes/events – various weekdays and primarily weekends
- Ability to work independently to plan out events
- Minimum of 2 years of college education in a related field, 4 year degree preferred
- 2-3 years of related experience preferred (event management, community organizing, etc.)
- In tune with the local, American, and global Muslim community
- Knowledge of non-profit work preferred
- Extraordinary attention to detail and process
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; ability to meet people with ease
- Strong leadership, organization and time management skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, social media platforms; design skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with the public with professionalism and decorum
- Ability to thrive in a small team environment, to take responsibility and to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding and dedication to MCA’s mission and commitment to our core values
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Please submit a cover letter (optional), and resume including names and contacts of references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Job Title: Part-Time Audio/Visual Technician 12/14/2022
Job Title: Part-Time Audio/Visual Technician
Reports/Direct Support: Reports to MCA Vice President and supports directly to IT Chair
We are looking for an experienced part-time Audio/Visual Technician to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for setting up, operating, and maintaining a wide range of audio and visual equipment for events, presentations, classes, and other functions.
- Set up operate, and maintain media equipment (audio/video) such as LCD projectors, speakers, TVs, video monitors, and cameras for events, presentations, live streams, and other functions
- Additional support for AV tools like equipment racks, electrical wiring, programming, and basic construction.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working order and properly configured for each event
- Troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise during an event
- Work closely with event organizers, facilities staff, and IT committee to provide high-quality audio and visual support
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education– An associate degree in audiovisual technology or a related field and 2+ years of experience as an audio/visual technician
- Licensing certificates – Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) is preferred
- Computer skills – Working with various computer technology
- Familiarity with a wide range of audio and visual equipment, including microphones, speakers, projectors, video cameras, webcams, and lighting systems
- Familiarity with live streaming software (i.e., streamyard), and projecting images, videos, Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides slide decks
- Familiarity with connecting to remote computers via RDP and TeamViewer
- Troubleshooting – Ability to troubleshoot all equipment issues in a timely manner.
- Physical fitness – Physical ability to lift 50 to 80 pounds individually, Furthermore, standing, walking, climbing ladders, and navigating tight spaces.
- Customer service – Interfacing with customers and guests on-site to make sure their desires are met.
- Organization skills – Excellent organizational skills; due to the tools, wiring, cables, and parts that must be methodically sorted, installed and documented.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Working hours vary based on the needs of the organization and the events scheduled.
- Available to work on weekends and evenings.
If you are a highly skilled and experienced Audio/Visual Technician, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please send your resume to email@example.com.