Job Title: Communications Strategy
Role 10 hrs a week
Responsibilities: Develop calendar and drive the process for reviewing the Comms strategy periodically (quarterly/annually) including kick-off session that includes defining the agenda / supporting materials key questions, challenges, organizational strategy, industry trends
Refine or utilize existing success metrics. Review and analyze existing data (i.e. as collected by google analytics and social media platforms) to report on progress every two weeks. Define and implement course corrections.
Ensure quality and strategic alignment of weekly communications content (a communications manager ensures that every week there is an e-newsletter, website updates, social media updates, updated physical bulletin boards, updated TV screens, and whastapp announcement)
Ensure more dynamic updates of content beyond the regular weekly posting cadence
Create template for and, time permitting, gather data needed for impact report for MCA as a whole. Utilize communications channels to distribute key results
Run creative campaign to drive quorum attendance at general body meetings
Create a plan for fundraising campaign and usage reports to understand impact and opportunities to refine
Support IT committee in new website development process (a firm will be hired – but comms will be responsible for providing requested inputs)
Note: Probationary 6 week period – will move to new candidate if not satisfied- no written evaluation required – at will decision
Experience: Have experience working in a large volunteer organization
Demonstrate patience to facilitate complex teams of volunteers and staff that all work at different times and location
Requires ability to find common ground amidst conflicting ideas
Be self motivated and driven to tackle challenges and deliver results
Requires perseverance when faced with challenge of gathering feedback or ensuring alignment across multiple stakeholders
Optimistic and passionate to learn, innovate alongside an established, decades old institution
Growth mindset – understand why things have been they have been and how we can work with it or improve it
To apply: Send resume to [email protected]
Include links to social media you have or are managing
Please attach any example work product or plan demonstrating aptitude for communications strategy
Pay: Starts at $30 per hour – depending on skillset and previous experience
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Title: MCA Maintenance Technician
Reports to: MCA Operations and Security Consultant
Schedule Type: Part-time or Full Time (20+ hours/week) with frequent evenings and weekends required.
Location: In-person, most-frequently on site at MCA and Masjid Al Noor.
The Muslim Community Association is seeking a skilled and reliable Maintenance Technician to join our team. As a specialist, you will play a crucial role in maintaining the functionality and appearance of MCA and Masjid Al Noor. You will be responsible for performing a wide range of repair and maintenance tasks to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for our community members. The ideal candidate is a versatile individual with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of various maintenance and repair techniques.
- Respond promptly to maintenance requests from Operations and Security Consultant.
- Address issues promptly and efficiently to minimize disruptions and maintain the functionality of the MCA facilities.
- Conduct regular inspections to identify maintenance needs and proactively address them.
- Patching walls, repairing drywall, and painting surfaces as needed.
- Fixing clogged drains, leaky faucets, and plumbing issues.
- Troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems and equipment.
- Installing, repairing, or replacing fixtures, switches, and outlets.
- Repairing or replacing damaged doors, windows, locks, and handles.
- Repairing minor flooring, tiles, and carpets.
- Assisting with landscaping and outdoor maintenance tasks.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness, safety, and appearance of MCA and Masjid Al Noor buildings and facilities.
- Take proactive measures to address any potential hazards or safety concerns.
- Coordinate with Operations and security Consultant on external service providers and contractors for specialized repairs and maintenance needs.
- Maintain a database of reliable vendors and contractors for various maintenance and repair services.
- Diagnose issues and troubleshoot problems related to plumbing, electrical systems, and other building components.
- Assess the severity of the problem and determine the most appropriate course of action, either resolving it independently or coordinating with external support.
- Develop and implement a preventive maintenance schedule to proactively address potential issues.
- Conduct regular inspections, lubricate moving parts, and perform routine maintenance tasks to prevent breakdowns and extend the lifespan of equipment and systems.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance and repair activities, including work orders, materials used, and costs incurred.
- Update equipment and maintenance logs, ensuring a comprehensive record of the facility’s maintenance history.
- Submit logs and records on a timely basis to supervisor.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Security Consultant and MCA Executive Board to identify improvement opportunities and contribute to enhancing the functionality and aesthetics of the facilities.
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Technician or similar role, preferably in a commercial or institutional setting.
- Solid knowledge of general maintenance and repair techniques.
- Proficiency in a variety of trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and painting.
- Ability to operate and maintain tools and equipment required for maintenance work.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work flex hours, including weekends, evenings, nights, and on-call as needed.
- Physical stamina and ability to lift heavy objects and perform manual labor.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Candidates with relevant certifications will be preferred.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The successful candidate may be required to perform additional duties as needed.
- $30 to $35 per hour
- Please submit a cover letter (optional), and resume including names and contacts of references to [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Job Title: Part-Time Bookstore Clerk
The MCA Bookstore is hiring Customer Experience-Sales Clerk, Part-time
- 2 + years experience in sales in retail stores or customer service
- Experienced service skills, with a friendly understanding to always put customers first
- Loves books and Islamic lifestyle
- Detail oriented
- Loves to organize shelves
- Able to follow directions, to-do lists, schedules
- Self-motivated and team member
- Proven track record of achieving sales and performance targets
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift medium to large items, up to 40 pounds, while using appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- The bookstore will be kept open at consistent hours, with additional hours to accommodate increased attendance at MCA, including:
- Ramadan, particularly the last ten days and nights of Ramadan
- Special events
Any member of our team must play by the following rules:
- We exist to support community member’s search for knowledge and adherence to a way of life as Muslims
- Our job is to create inspiring moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the community in which we operate
Pay starts at $17.20.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]
Job Title: Vendor: Construction
Cordoba Academy (after school)
Role: Quran Teacher and Arabic Teacher
Info: This role is for Monday – Thursdays, 3:30 – 6:00 PM
To apply, send resume [email protected]
Al-Arqam School Teachers
Roles: Quran, Arabic, and Islamic Studies Teachers.
Info: Fridays 4:30 – 6:15 PM (Online) Sundays 12:30 PM – 5:15 PM in person
To apply: send a resume principal@
Noor Hifz Academy
Alhamdulillah, Noor Hifz Academy is growing!
We are seeking Quran teachers for our 2023-2024 hifz term (boys & girls)
Location: Muslim Community Association, 3003 Scott Blvd. (Santa Clara).
Duration: 10 months (August-May) When: 5 days/week
Hours: 8:00am-1:30pm (Monday-Thursday) & 8:00am-12:00pm (Friday)
Email CV and Letter of Interest to [email protected] Accepting applications until Friday, June 9th, 2023
For more information: https://mcabayarea.org/noorhifz