Job Title: Project Coordinator 6/26/2022
Capital Improvement Projects Facilities Coordinator Opportunity at MCA
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Scope of Position: the Muslim Community Association (MCA) is a non-profit religious organization agency servicing the needs of the Muslim community in the Bay Area, owning and operating Four Buildings and grounds, at two locations within Santa Clara, CA. The Project Coordinator shall manage multiple small and mid-size Capital Improvement Projects from initiation through completion. At this time the projects planned by MCA include, but are not limited to, Playground Renovation, Funeral Home Renovation, Landscape Improvements, and Interior Improvements. Additional projects are in planning and design phases.
This is a part time, hourly contract position, with the Project Coordinator expected to provide a minimum 20 hours/week. Additional hours may be approved as needed. This position will be under the general supervision of the MCA Board of Trustees (BOT), through the BOT Secretary of Facilities, or other staff Facilities Director or Facilities Managers as assigned by the BOT.
- Manage all aspects of small to mid-size Capital Improvement Projects, including new constructions, renovations and improvements, typically ranging from $ 5000 to $ 200,000, in construction value.
- Responsible for identifying, monitoring, controlling and reporting on all aspects of a project, including scope, cost, time, quality and safety.
- Coordinate and manage all work with vendors, suppliers, consultants, inspectors, general contractors and/or trade contractors.
- Coordinate all work with other MCA staff and personnel such as Building Managers, Service and Maintenance Staff, Office Staff, Faculty Members, Sustainability Coordinator, Safety Personnel, etc.
- Provide written reports, updates or recommendations to the MCA Board of Trustees or Executive Board
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Two (2) years experience in Project Management, Construction Management, Design, Construction, or other Construction trades such as Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing etc.
- Education background in Design, Architecture, Construction, Management or other Engineering fields preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with basic software tools such as Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint etc.
- Good time management and people management skills
- Focused, Self-motivated and team-player
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com