We are from Allah and unto Him we return. O Allah take me out of my plight and bring to me after it something better.
We’re With You Every Step of The Way
The MCA Funeral Home was established as a Licensed Funeral Facility to facilitate Islamic practices of funeral services and burials. In order to comply with State regulations and ease the process of obtaining a death certificate, it is imperative to complete paperwork before the MCA Funeral Home can initiate the process of:
- Transporting the body to the MCA Funeral Home
- Washing the body according to Islamic rites
- Shrouding (kafan) and casket
- Arranging congregational funeral prayer
- Transporting body to final resting place
Things to do before imminent death
- Family members of the dying person and their pious friends should be present at their side to help turn their final thoughts to Allah, reminding them of all the good deeds they did, and reminding them about Allah’s mercy and His favors. Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: سمعت رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ، قبل موته بثلاث أيام ، يقول ” لا يموتن أحدكم إلا وهو يحسن الظن بالله عز وجل (Let no Muslim die except expecting and hoping the best from Allah) [Narrated by Muslim].
- Family members and friends can advise the dying person very gently, to say the shahada لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله (There is no God but Allah) in a very kind and sincere manner as these may be their last words. The encouragement to say the shahada should be provided gently, without being insistent. Abu Saeed Al-Khudri reported that Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said: “Help Muslims who are dying to say لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله [Narrated by Muslim]. Family members should make dua (supplication) to Allah to help make the final moments easy, and to forgive them.
Things to do immediately after death
Immediately after the death has been verified:
- Close the eyes of the deceased.
- Ensure mouth and jaws are tied gently with broad bands or pieces of cloth so.
- Similarly tie the legs.
- The body should be covered and must remain covered, preferably with a white sheet of cloth.
- Invoke Allah and say: “إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ” (To Allah we belong and to Him is we return).
- Crying with no wailing is permitted. The Prophet ﷺ wept on the death of his son, Ibrahim and said: “The eyes shed tears and the heart feels pain, but we utter only what pleases our Lord. O Ibrahim! We are aggrieved at your demise.
Collect the following information:
- Check to see if the decedent (the person who has passed away) left funeral and burial instructions.
- Check to see if the decedent wanted to make an anatomical gift.
- Check to see if the decedent had any funeral agreement.
- Check to see if the decedent had a burial plot pre-purchased.
- Contact MCA Funeral Home for funeral and burial arrangements.
Collect the following information for the document processing:
- Age and place of birth.
- Cause of death
- Doctor Contact information
- Military service
- Survivors name
ARRANGE FUNERAL FORM
Please fill the form below to speed up the service. MCA Funeral Home staff will contact you and will guide you through the rest of the process.
COST OF FUNERAL
MCA FUNERAL HOME | FUNERAL SERVICES
- P1 STANDARD BURIAL PACKAGE: $1,500
- P2 ISLAMIC BURIAL PACKAGE: $1,900
- 6.2 Alternative Container: Flat Gray Fiber Wood – No Interior: $350
FIVE PILLARS FARM INC | BURIAL SERVICES
- FP.1 Grave Site: $2000
- FP.2 Burial Service (Monday to Friday): $3,900 Additional for Weekend services: $500
- FP.3 Child Burial Package upto 34”: $2,500
Disclaimer: Five Pillars Farm Inc is a separate entity NOT associated with the MCA Funeral Home. MCA Funeral Home has an agreement with Five Pillars Farms Cemetery for the convenience in burial arrangements.
Authorization for Release
This is to be signed by the primary (and if any secondary) authorizer to allow the MCA Funeral Home access to the decedent remains.
Death Certificate Info
Provide an address where the certified death certificate will be mailed.
Death Certificate Worksheet
This is an official document used for the Death Certificate. Please ensure all information provided is correct.
Authorization to Decline Embalming
Islamic law prohibits embalming or enhancing the body of the deceased in any way. Therefore, MCA Funeral Home does not offer this service.
Disclosure of Preneed Funeral Agreement
If there is any arrangement, please contact the preneed holder. MCA Funeral Home does not offer any pre-need arrangements.
Disclosure for Ghusl-Ritual Wash
If you are providing the names of family members that will perform this ritual of washing, ensure they are are experienced and of the same sex as the deceased.
MCA Funeral Home Contract
Things to do after funeral services
If deceased lived alone:
- Make sure the residence is closed and secure and notify the landlord.
- Remove valuables and important documents to a safe place.
- Contact utility companies to discontinue service
- Arrange for forwarding of mail
- Obtain a certified copy of the Death Certificate.
- Contact the attorney who prepared the Living Trust or Will and obtain instructions.
- Assemble important papers
- Bank books
- Stock certificates
- Real estate deeds
- Insurance policies
- Check to see if the deceased had mortgage insurance policy, which repays the outstanding mortgage upon the death of the policyholder.
- Locate evidence of indebtedness due by the estate by careful search. Examine all check books, tax returns and other financial records for this purpose.
- Current installment loans, service contracts and credit card bills should be gathered together, since some may be covered by credit life insurance, which pays off all or part of the outstanding balance on the death of a customer.
- Make a list of any claims against the estate. Contact the attorney if any of the claims are disputed.
- State and Federal income tax returns still have to be filed and taxes paid.
- Income taxes are not excused by death. A surviving spouse may still file a joint return for the year of death of the deceased spouse.
- Contact the deceased’s employer and, if applicable, union or professional group
- If the deceased was a veteran, an application should be made for VeteransAdministration Benefits.
- Contact the Department of Motor Vehicles and banks to terminate joint tenancies.
- If credit cards were in joint names, remove the deceased’s name from the credit cards. If credit cards were in the deceased’s name alone, cancel the credit cards.
- Contact the nearest Social Security Office for benefits. Benefits vary according to number of and ages of surviving children, and the age of the surviving spouse.
- Each insurance company should be provided with a Statement of Claim and Death Certificate.
- Notify automobile insurance companies for immediate cancellation and refund of unused portions of policy.
- Change any casualty insurance policies to eliminate the deceased’s name as beneficiary.
- Change title deceased’s assets to co-trustee, successor trustee or successor Beneficiary as applicable. An attorney should be used to transfer title to real estate, but most other transfers can be done without the B trusts.
- Contact your accountant. If you have an A-B trust, assets have to be allocated to the appropriate trust and tax I.D. # will have to be obtained for the B trusts.
VOLUNTEER FOR MCA FUNERAL HOME
The MCA Funeral Home is primarily run by volunteers allowing us to keep operational cost low in order to serve the community better. There are numerous narrations on the benefits of volunteering as shown in this hadith: It was narrated from ‘Ali that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
مَنْ غَسَّلَ مَيِّتًا وَكَفَّنَهُ وَحَنَّطَهُ وَحَمَلَهُ وَصَلَّى عَلَيْهِ وَلَمْ يُفْشِ عَلَيْهِ مَا رَأَى خَرَجَ مِنْ خَطِيئَتِهِ مِثْلَ يَوْمِ وَلَدَتْهُ أُمُّهُ
“Whoever washes a deceased person, shrouds him, embalms him, carries him and offers the funeral prayer for him, and does not disclose what he has seen, he will emerge from his sins as on the day his mother bore him.
” If you would like to volunteer for MCA Funeral Home in any capacity, please submit the Volunteer Registration form.”
DONATE TO MCA FUNERAL HOME
Like all community operations MCA Funeral Home is run by the generous donation of the community members like you. MCA Funeral Funds are dedicated only for the operations and upkeep of MCA Funeral Home
For more information on Funeral, Cemetery, and Cremation matters, contact: Department of Consumer Affairs, Cemetery and Funeral Bureau, 1625 North Market Blvd. Suite S-208 Sacramento, CA, 95834, (916) 574-7870 www.cfb.ca.gov