MCA is honored to be able to perform a marriage ceremonies (Aqd/Nikah) for Muslim couples, in accordance with Islamic principles.
MCA will require the following items:
- Marriage license from any city in the USA. Official city license for their records.
- Two Muslim witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride.
- The mahr or sadaq to the bride (with the consultation and approval of the bride) is to be recorded on the certificate of marriage by the groom.
MCA will provide the following:
- Designated scholar to perform nikah.
- Prayer hall is provided for nikah.
- Prescribed form with details of nikah.
- Signed marriage certificate by a person licensed to performe the nikah.
- Registration of marriage .
Timeline: a scholar is made available generally within seventy two (72) hours from the time the copy of the marriage license is submitted to MCA.