The Social Services committee is responsible for providing services to enhance the living conditions of local community members in need of additional support. MCA’s core social service is the collection of Zakat and Sadaqah funds to support people in need of additional support such as those who may be unemployed, homeless, or refugees.
Additional Social Services have included:
- distributing thousands of pounds of food packages with the Support Life Foundation and Second Harvest Food Bank
- hosting blood drives with the Red Cross
- raising funds for fire relief with the Santa Clara Fire Department
- toy drives for the eid holidays Udhiyah/Qurbani (food distribution) at the time of Eid-ul-Adha
- free iftar and suhoor meals during the month of Ramadan
- special fundraising drives to help victims of natural disasters and famine such as floods and earthquakes.
Please continue to donate generously to serve the San Francisco Bay Area’s residents or volunteer to support our social service programs.